Android - discussion

Search in discussions

show whole discussion

• I am using the free edition, to only sync my Contacts. I had more than 500 contacts on my phone device, and as a New Year's resolution, I decided to delete most numbers that I would never use. I backed up/exported the necessary information and succeeded to fall below 500.

But on Phonecopy on the cloud there is a different amount of Contacts, much more than 600. On the app I see that it recognizes that I do have less than 500 contacts on my device.

But of course it does not sync. What do I have to do to make this work?
    kanoyati, 03/01/2024
    • Hello,
      the number of contacts online is what matters. So please remove unnecessary contacts on the web. After that, the synchronization will be allowed again.
      PhoneCopy support team, 03/01/2024
      • So, though I did all the cleanup locally in my phone's contacts, and though the App DOES see the local number as less than 500 it will not initiate uploading the information as for the deletions? Because if it replicated the deletions, then there would not be a sync problem. kanoyati, 03/01/2024
        • Hello,
          the limit works this way. It is stated in the email user receives when the limit is exceeded.
          PhoneCopy support team, 04/01/2024
          • I realize the limitation of the platform, and since it is not capable of synchronizing in the traditional technical meaning of the term, could you suggest a workaround?

Perhaps if I deleted my account, removed my app and started over in a suggested sequence so that my less than 500 contacts would be then uploaded?
            kanoyati, 04/03/2024
            • If you have blocked an account because of exceeding limits, you just need to delete some contacts on the server to fit the limit of 500 and your account will be unlocked. PhoneCopy support team, 04/03/2024
              • there is much overhead to re-do the same thing I already did locally a few months ago.

Do you think, considering all I have previously mentioned, that there is a different work-around to the platform not being able to two-say sync the information?
                kanoyati, 04/03/2024
                • It seems we are discussing several contacts which have to be deleted from your online profile to make it free again. We explained to you that contacts online are what matters. If you don't want to follow our recommendation you can delete the whole account and create it as a new profile with the number of contacts stored in your mobile phone. PhoneCopy support team, 04/03/2024
  • I received the notification to sycronize messages and cotacts since the tenth day of this month.I gave a try but unsuccesful to syncronize.That made outgoing calls very impossible.So please assist as soon as possible. georgeweikel16, 26/12/2023
    • We didn't find any synchronized phone in your profile. Are you sure you received notification from PhoneCopy? PhoneCopy support team, 27/12/2023
  • How do I make my American parent as a donation so it accepts it? anniebugg, 12/09/2022
    • Hi, can you, please, a little more explain your request? Our Donation form is located at https://www.phonecopy.com/en/donate/ and supports most cards and Paypal. PhoneCopy support team, 12/09/2022
  • Phone copy transfered only about 1800 sms messages and stopped however I have about 1200 more sms messages.
    I don't see where to add more. Can anyone help me figure this out?
    adolph1960, 01/08/2022
    • Hello, PhoneCopy backs up all SMS on the phone, there is no need to set anything else. Our records show a backup of 1818 SMS firstly and then adding of two more SMS (one by one) during consequent backups. Are you sure that the other messages that were not backed up are also SMS? PhoneCopy support team, 01/08/2022
  • Hello!

Phonecopy App on Android phone sees only Phone contacts and Google Account contacts. But if the phone has Exchange Account (and contacts), Phonecopy App does not see this account and cannot add it as source of data (contacts).
    comsync, 08/07/2022
    • Hello, answered via private email. PhoneCopy support team, 11/07/2022
  • For some strange reason, app cannot access phone contacts stored on device - after granting proper permission it will show 0 contacts. Checked with other contact app, and they can be accessed. Android 11 (Lineage OS 18.1), Sony Xperia ZX 1 Compact gladykov, 03/01/2022
    • Answered via private email. PhoneCopy support team, 03/01/2022
      • Nuruseyd842@gmail.com seydnuru, 05/05/2022
  • How can I send contacts, photos, sms messages from a Samsung Galaxy A11... to a windows 10 pc as a back up in case my samsung phone crashes? alexoxox1970, 21/12/2021
  • I am a new user. What do I need to download my photos?
    jakeabobich, 22/10/2021
  • Is it possible to configure the Kaios Phonecopy app to synchronize daily (or when there is a change to the data).
    I have synchronized manually, but I would like to avoid having to open the app and manually click on the synchronize menu option?
    arthurquinlan, 07/09/2021
    • Hi, I am sorry but the current version doesn't support automatic synchronization. But the next version which will be launched soon will allow it. PhoneCopy support team, 07/09/2021
  • Hi, please since the day I have been using my Tecno spark 3 I yve not enjoy my personal video coverage, I mean whenever I make videos coverage then when I try to play the video, the video won't play very well, the picture in the video won't move the way a normal video suppose to move(skipping) please what can I do? abiolaolatubosun16, 08/06/2021
    • Sorry, we are a backup and synchronization service and not Tecno support. PhoneCopy support team, 08/06/2021
  • Oppo A7
    My phone has 96,486 SMS that has to be backed up but the process keeps terminating due to "internet connection lost". My fiber internet access is quite stable so I don't think disruption is the cause. Is there a way I can back up the sms in parts?
    mebacal1960, 19/10/2020
    • Hello, 96,486 is really big count of SMS. It is possible that the processing of such a number of items takes a long time and it is possible that server terminate the communication due to a long time without response from the device.

We are curently working on optimalization of application, which may solve issue like yours. We will release new version of app asap, within a few days at the latest. We will contact you. Please, be patient.

Thank you
      PhoneCopy support team, 20/10/2020
      • Hello,

we developed a promised new beta version (3.4.3) of app. This optimized version should solve your reported issue. Please, download and install new version and try to sync again with it.

I recommend, plug in charger during sync, because sync of big count of items take long time and it is possible that Android system will try to limit the app due to battery life.
        Download link: https://www.phonecopy.com/android/download/phonecopy.apk

Please, send us feedback, if it works now or not.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
        PhoneCopy support team, 22/10/2020
  • Good Day Team,
    I have uploaded my contacts+diary etc, from my Lumia 640 LTE (windows phone) successfully, but I don't seem to be able to download (from your cloud) to my new Huawei P40 Pro..., (previously known as the P40 els-nx9) which your systems say is supported. Spent hours so far..., even losing weight now! Help PLEASE...., REGARDS, Trev.
    trevor.lidbury, 29/08/2020
    • Hi, did you download PhoneCopy application from Google Play or Huawei AppGallery? PhoneCopy support team, 30/08/2020
      • Hi, on Windowsphone it was from Google Play, on new P40 plus, I honestly don't remember, but THINK it was from H AppGalley. I even paid for a month's premium upgrade. Having a look around 'tinternet' I've seen one version of PhoneCopy with the red/black background and another with a pale blue background. Both mine are red/black. Should I delete both phones and start again? Can't actually find the 'pale-blue-one' in a store? Is the blue one the newer version? Regards, Trevor L trevor.lidbury, 30/08/2020
        • Hi, Windows mobile (Lumia) has older design because we keep it working until Microsoft will keep live their store. That step don't need to be repeated. Huawei P40 application is the same like on the following guide https://www.phonecopy.com/en/pages/how_to_synchronize_contacts_to_android . We found your phone contacting our servers but still not synchronized. Our technical team will contact you on Monday to check what should be wrong. PhoneCopy support team, 30/08/2020
          • Hello again, and thank you for your prompt response. I will be patient and wait 'till Monday then. Trevor L trevor.lidbury, 30/08/2020
            • Hello,

your Huawei does not support Google Play Services.

In this case, please, install PhoneCopy for Huawei:
              https://appgallery7.huawei.com/#/app/C102701109
              PhoneCopy support team, 31/08/2020
              • https://appgallery7.huawei.com/app/C102701109 PhoneCopy support team, 31/08/2020
                • My Huawei DOES support Google Play Services...., what it will NOT do is respond to the link that you've sent me. I think I may have to write-off the £1:92 I've paid to PhoneCopy. I still have the same problem! I've successfully uploaded my contacts from my Lumia 640 LTE to your 'Cloud'. But cannot download anything to my Huawei P40 pro. In the app, the P40 Think I want to UPload, but says there is nothing to upload. Is there anything else you can suggest please? trevor.lidbury, 01/09/2020
                  • Hello again, sorry, but official Huawei documentation says that Huawei P40 does not contain Google Services and running on Android 10.
                    In our logs, generated by communication with your phone is named as P40 pro, but running on Android 4.4.2 KITKAT with older type of processor, what is very unusual.
                    We will send you more informaction to your private mail.
                    PhoneCopy support team, 01/09/2020
                    • Thank you for this information. I've had this handset for less than a week. It came unlocked, apparently 'sealed', boxed, with the usual very small instruction leaflet, from a usually reliable source that I've used for a long time. I do now wonder though, if it is a genuine Huawei product? I have not owned any Huawei products before, so cannot compare. It is advertised variously at between £695:00 and £875:00 approx. I am very careful about buying things on the internet, but there's always a first time to be conned. I'm SURE that your information is correct. I'll await your further contact with interest. Thanks again, Trevor L trevor.lidbury, 01/09/2020
            • Answered via private mail. PhoneCopy support team, 31/08/2020
              • Hello again PhoneCopy team,
                Just wanted to say a really big thank you. After a complete week of communication to/fro between us, I have finally synchronised my Lumia 640 LTE with my new (highly suspect P40 pro) You even built a version of your app specifically for my use.
                I now have all 87 contacts and hundreds of diary entries on the Android P40 pro. Sorted all the contacts; now just looking around for a decent calendar📅diary for other content.
                Upgraded to premium at the start of this 'adventure' and have just paid for a bit😊more storage, (not that I'll need it) by way of a Thank You. Kind Regards, Trevor L

trevor.lidbury, 05/09/2020
                • Thanks ekechionyekachi0, 03/03/2024